Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting the driving license in Bangalore

IS EASY. You dont have to pay bribe, you dont have to stay in long queues, it is simple and straight forward. I had got my DL that way some three years back. Of course you will have to give driving test and get all your vehicle documents verified. So it would take about 3-4 hours, but the system works.

This post was prompted because couple of days back, I saw this skit, which was supposed to be humor. It was about how in India government system does not work, making fun and submitting to the fact that nothing can be done about it.

So I dont know about other government offices, but I do know that Karnataka RTO works fine.

Anyways I got the below in the mail from iVolunteer,

http://pgportal.gov.in/

"
Government of India has an online Grievance forum at http://darpg-grievance.nic.in/

The government wants people to use this tool to highlight the problems they faced while dealing with Government officials or departments like Passport Office, Electricity board, BSNL/MTNL, Railways etc etc. So use this grievance forum and educate others who don't know about this facility. This way we can at least raise our concerns instead of just talking about the ' System' in India.


It really works, I myself lodged a complain against one Bank around 6 months back. Bank took an action immediately on that and after two months, I got a confirmation (by letter) from the following department that my complain has been requested.

Similar experiences has been reported by couple of my colleagues too.

The response from the department is bit slow at present but I have seen that it is active, which is good sign for future.
"

I dont have any personal experience with this, but will try it for sure next time.

So I guess government has lot of initiatives, just that we have to start using them.

Cheers.

PS: I have added a full post on how to get the driving license in Bangalore here.

4 comments:

broca's area said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
broca's area said...

agree to this to only some an extent because of 2 reasons 1)my brother had got his LL by giving bribe[may be its our luck also]...2)when similar thing happened in our college[being a government college]regarding a delay in the work,i had to write a complaint and action was taken immediately!:)

Ree said...

nice to see a post that praises instead of complain, like most others...what we focus on, grows :)

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.