Friday, January 19, 2007

Blabbering on 50th post

This is my 50th post, and I feel happy that I have come so far, thanks to all the guys who read this....

Nothing specific to say today, but I will just put down the rumblings in my mind on the way to office.

One of my collegue has a 8 year old kid, and he communicates with his father on Google Talk. Amazing... I think he plays with Xbox (or whatever that is called). I wonder if this kids mature much faster in life?

That made me think about my days back then in baroda, I remember that the only appreciable toy that I had for a long time was a bus, a metal bus with wheels, not the "chaabi wala", but the one which you have to drag. And I used to go around our veranda, day in and day out with it. I used to envy my neighbours kid, because he used to have multiple busses and sometimes he used to let me run them as well.

Another thing I guess which was quite facinating was to play "Ghar Ghar", and I remember that I had a blue color plastic cooker, witha yellow color plastic gas stove. And we used to play that endlessley, never getting tired to repeating the same routine each and everyday.

Sand, that is another thing that was heaven, there was the excitement when some construction used to start nearby, and thats all was needed for me and my sister to run away from home and run and fall and make sand castles, in hot sun, rain, anything.

I wonder if today the kids play the same games, I think it is quite out of fashion these days to play "Ghar Ghar".

Sometimes I think that our generation was the best time to grow up, because most of us coming from small towns have seen a mammoth change in out life. From kerosene stoves to microwaves, from vivid bharti to radio indigo, from struggling to get a line to make std calls to cellphones, from postcards to emails, from gud (jaggery) bajara roti to pizzas, from the Bata canvas shoes to the Nikes, from the much awaited sunday movies on doordharshan to hundred channels. I guess because of the massive changes we are able to relate to the hi-fi glamour world and also slow paced life of our towns.

I think enough rumblings, for the morning....
Cheers and happy times ahead..

By the way out of my all 50 posts my favourite post has been this.




9 comments:

Pritesh Jain said...

Congrats dude.
Cheers and happy times ahead.."

bhavna2716 said...

Nice! it reminds me my childhood and the ghar ghar thingi damn..cool. Happy golden Jubilee

Ree said...

How old are u Goli? Coz im 21 and i belong to the same club. i have seen the very same transition. u managed the impossible...makin me feel nostalgic

Goli said...

@prits adn @nothin...within
Thanks...
@reema...
Mein itna bhi bhuda nahin hoon, haan ofcourse little older than you.... :D

Pritesh Jain said...

Can you please define "little".
Leave aside the age, your experiences ans perspective for life make me feel like you some gyani. :)

satyajit said...

What you said makes a lot of sense.

I'm glad I wasn't born a spoonfed, rich kid. And I'm even more happy I come from a small place.

And congrats!! ..keep going

SUCHARITA ROY said...

life was good,innocently conservative,i was always a super obedient child,and I used to beat up our manservant because something in me made me want to make everyone literate around me...so i thought if teachers looked ok with wooden scales in classroom,I wouldnt be that bad.trouble was,people who worked in our house were never interested in studies,even with spankings!! :(

Goli said...

@prits : You know what your comment reminds me of the Guide novel by RK Narayanan..... I am same as you and everyone else...

@satyajeet : Me too...I guess being brought up in middle class/ lower middle class makes you strong :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Goli !! Nice one man!!!